4/15/20 - Opening day is THIS FRIDAY!! We are so excited to see you all, but to be sure we all stay as safe as possible during this crazy pandemic, you will notice a few changes at the farm. Some are actually welcome changes (like some on-line shopping!), and some will make your experience at the farm somewhat more cumbersome, but we hope you will understand and bear with us as we navigate this difficult situation.
Here's what you can expect - as least for now:
Shopping in Person at the Farm:
· We will be providing gloves to customers as you enter the farm. This is for everyone's protection.
· We will be limiting the number of people in each greenhouse at one time, and will have the floors marked in 6' intervals to help you maintain appropriate social distances. As soon as weather permits, we will bring as many of our plants outside as possible to allow for more shopping area.
· All carts will be disinfected between shoppers.
· For the time being the play area will be closed. While this will be sad for our littlest customers, we're sure this won’t be a surprise to anyone.
· Credit card sales are preferred to limit hand to hand contact, but we will still accept checks or cash if this is better for you. When using cards, you will not need to sign/touch the iPad at the end of a transaction.
· All sales will be completed at outside registers in the open air.
· Hand Sanitizer will be available at each sales counter.
From Home Shopping Alternatives:
· On-Line Shopping: We will have a limited selection of our items available on our website starting this Friday, April 17th. Items will be available for delivery (for an additional fee) or curbside pick up at the farm. Items will be updated and added on a regular basis, so keep checking back to our new, on-line store. Starting Friday, simply go to our website, whistlestopbend.com and click on "shop" in the menu!
· Phone orders will be taken. And as time allows, we will send you photos of options to confirm color and plant preferences. We may even try to offer video chat personal shopper time slots - so you can see and shop from the comfort of your own home! This will be dependent on available man/woman-power at the farm.
· Email Orders will also be available. Once received they will be confirmed and then available for curbside pick up at the farm, or delivery (for an additional fee).
· All of these off site shopping options all will be paid with a credit/debit card prior to pick up or delivery.
Curbside pick-up & Delivery Options:
· Curbside pick-up will be available only on designated times and days (stay tuned for more info). You will be able to stay in your car and we will load your items. Signs will be posted directing anyone picking up orders where to go. Orders MUST be placed at least one full day before pick-up.
· Delivery Service will be offered for an additional fee. Orders placed by phone, email, or through the website can be delivered within the central Oregon area (within 25 miles). Again, there will only be specific days that deliveries will happen each week. All orders scheduled for delivery will have to be placed 1 day in advance.
Classes and Girls' Night in the Garden:
· We will not be having classes at the farm for at least a few weeks. We will keep you informed of changes and may be able to offer some class content on-line. Stay tuned for more information!
· We are hoping that we will be able to hold our 8th annual Girls' Night in the Garden as scheduled in July, however, we need to follow whatever the current safety regulations will be at that time, so we will have to wait and see what is going to happen. That said, we are still planning to hold this event on July 10th, but we'll make adjustments as needed. Even if we are able to hold this event as scheduled, tickets will not be available until at least mid to late May. Again, stay tuned for more details.